ZeniMax Media is an American video game corporate company that has an estimated net worth of $5.7 billion. This gaming company generates yearly revenue of $446 million. In 1999, Robert A. Altman & Christopher Weaver founded this company. Currently, ZeniMax is owned by Microsoft, giving all of its control to Xbox Game Studios.
In September 2020, Microsoft bought ZeniMax Media for $7.5 billion including all of its subsidiaries. In March 2021, Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios became the parent company of ZeniMax Media.
However, ZeniMax Media has made giant figures releasing some amazing games especially — The Elder Scrolls Online & Fallout franchise.
ZeniMax Media Net Worth over the Years: (2007- current)
How much does ZeniMax Media make?
ZeniMax Media currently makes a yearly revenue of $446 million. Its breakthrough came after The Elder Scrolls Online game. Most of ZeniMax’s wealth came from its subsidiary company — Bethesda Softworks & ZeniMax Online Studios.
However, have a glimpse at its yearly, monthly, weekly, and daily income or revenue:
- Yearly Revenue: $446 million
- Monthly Income: $37 million
- Weekly Income: $9.29 million
- Daily Income: $1.32 million
- Hourly Income: $492k
How does ZeniMax Media make money?
This American video game holding company makes its revenue from numerous sources. Though it has numerous sources, most of ZeniMax’s revenue came through its subsidiaries — especially from ZeniMax Online Studios & Bethesda Softworks.
In this article, ZeniMax’s earning sources will be summarized into two bold titles:
- Investments & Stake Selling
Well, let’s have a brief discussion on ZeniMax’s earning sources —
How much does ZeniMax Media make from its Subsidiaries?
In 1999, Bethesda Softworks’ founder Christopher Weaver & Robert A. Altman announced ZeniMax Media as the parent company of Bethesda Softworks. Robert A. Altman became the CEO of ZeniMax Media.
Since then, ZeniMax Media has become the proud owner of 14 companies so far. These daughter companies are:
- Alpha Dog Games — Founded in 2012, in Canada.
- Arkane Studios Austin — Founded in Austin, Texas, in 2010.
- Arkane Studios Lyon — Founded in Lyon, France, in 2010.
- Bethesda Softworks — Founded in 1999, in Maryland.
- Bethesda Game Studios — Founded in 2001, in Maryland.
- Bethesda Game Studios Austin — Founded in 2012, in Austin.
- Bethesda Game Studios Dallas — Founded in 2007 in Dallas.
- Bethesda Game Studios Montreal — Founded in 2015 in Montreal, Canada.
- id Software — Founded in 2009 in Richardson, Texas.
- id Software — Founded in 2015 in Frankfurt, Germany.
- MachineGames — Founded in 2010, in Uppsala, Sweden.
- Roundhouse Studios — Founded in 2019, in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Tango Gameworks — Founded in 2010, in Tokyo, Japan.
- ZeniMax Online Studios — Founded in 2007, in Maryland.
As a parent company, ZeniMax has to report dividends from subsidiaries as taxable income. The subsidiary companies pay their earnings to ZeniMax Media as it is the parent company.
Let’s have a look at the yearly revenue of the daughter company of ZeniMax Media:
|Company Name||Yearly Revenue|
|Alpha Dog Games||$2.5 million|
|Arkane Studios||$10 million|
|Bethesda Softworks||$10.04 million|
|id Software||$13 million|
|Roundhouse Gameworks||$19.5 million|
|ZeniMax Online Studios||$116 million|
|Tango Gameworks||$4 million|
What’s more, ZeniMax has acquired two new gaming organizations. In 2017, ZeniMax acquired the premier independent developer of mobile and social video gaming company — Escalation Studios. Hence, a lot of yearly revenue came through the subsidiaries of ZeniMax Media.
How much does ZeniMax Media make from Investments & Stake selling?
Throughout the history of ZeniMax Media, a lot of companies and firms made contracts with ZeniMax Media purchasing stakes and investing in it.
Currently, ZeniMax Media has $574.9 million in its fund. A total number of 18 investors have invested in ZeniMax. This company grossed this huge amount of funds through five rounds.
On 6 October 2010, ZeniMax raised their latest fund from a Private Equity round. Their most recent investors are:
- Providence Equity Partners
- Ardsley Partners
In 2007, ZeniMax made $300 million in exchange for a 25% stake from Providence Equity Partners. Besides, it took a handsome amount from ProSiebenSat.1 and SBS Broadcasting in exchange for a 9% & 12.5% stake.
However, ZeniMax hasn’t come out as a public company. Its Initial Public Offering (IPO) type is Private. Hence, you can’t buy stock in ZeniMax Media.
After releasing some great video games, ZeniMax Media has come to the limelight. Its current revenue has been recorded as $446 million. However, let’s have a look at ZeniMax’s top competitors and their annual revenue:
|Company Name||Annual Revenue|
|THQ Nordic||$319 million|
|Ubisoft Canada||$1 billion|
|Activision Blizzard||$6 billion|
|Square Enix the US||$2 billion|
|Behaviour Interactive||$95 million|
ZeniMax Media: Company Overview
|Full Name||ZeniMax Media Inc.|
|Founders||Christopher Weaver & Robert A. Altman|
|Headquarters||Rockville, Maryland, United States|
|CEO||Robert A. Altman|
|Total Funding Amount||$574.9 million|
|Net Worth||$5.7 billion|
Bethesda Softworks is the daughter company of ZeniMax Media. It has an estimated net worth of $3 billion. Its annual revenue is $10.04 million. However, Todd Howard is currently working as the CEO of Bethesda Softworks.
On 3 February 2021, the CEO of ZeniMax Media — Robert A. Altman died of complications of a medical procedure. He made an enormous revolution for the betterment of his company. His contribution to The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series can’t be denied.
Currently, Microsoft has considered the richest gaming company in the world having a total value of $286.55 billion! This tech giant company has sold 154.9 million console units in the world so far. In this list, the second position holds another tech giant — Sony, having a total value of $195.21 billion.
- https://www.zoominfo.com/c/zenimax-media/43271107 — ZeniMax Media Company Statistics with Yearly Revenue.
- https://www.owler.com/iaApp/1668562/arkane-studios-company-profile — Arkane Studios’s earning revenue.
- https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/zenimax — ZeniMax company statistics by SuperData Research.
- https://www.zoominfo.com/c/tango-gameworks/354945288 — Yearly revenue of Tango Gameworks.
- Yearly Revenue of id Software…
- https://airentertainment.biz/top-10-richest-video-game-companies/ — Top Ten Richest Gaming Companies in the World.
- https://www.cnbc.com/id/39726707 — CNBC report on ZeniMax Media.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130309205120/http://www.zenimax.com/news_pressrelease10.06.10.htm — ZeniMax Media Investment deal.